Recreation is a ministry tool here at Faith Baptist to reach new families for Christ and provide opportunities for Christian fellowship, exercise and instruction. The Recreation Ministry of Faith Baptist Church is to provide opportunities for members and their invited guests to participate in leisure activities in a Christian setting with Spirit-filled leadership. All programming, events, and leadership will focus on leading the lost to Christ, challenging believers to a closer relationship with God, and promoting fellowship within the local body of believers.
We desire that you find your time spent at beautiful recreation facilities, Buckhead Creek Recreation Complex or at Faith Baptist, to be enjoyable. We, as a staff, are here to serve you. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to find a staff member or volunteer and we will be happy to assist you.
Questions? Call 901-290-6173
- What are the requirements to participate?
These vary by the sport, please see sports information for specifics to that sport.
- Can I choose the night that my child plays / practices?
No. Schedules are determined based on the number of teams and the availability of field / court space.
- Can I play even if I am not a member of Faith Baptist?
ABSOLUTELY! We would love to see you out at Buckhead!
- Now that my child is registered, what is next?
After the registration window closes for your sport, there will be a coaches meeting. You should then hear from your child’s coach for first practice information within 1-2 weeks of the end of the window.
- Where can I find out schedule?
Schedules can be found on Quickscores at https://www.quickscores.com/fbc
- What if I am interested in coaching?
Please go to Quickscores at https://www.quickscores.com/fbc. And fill out the application to coach under the Registrations tab.
- Where do I go to register?
You can register at Quickscores https://www.quickscores.com/fbc. Go to registrations tab and choose the sport you are trying to register for.
- Can I register in person?
For ALL youth sports, registration and payment MUST be payed online. There will be no paper registrations or checks accepted.
- What equipment do we need?
For all baseball sports a glove is required and cleats / tennis shoes are recommended. For soccer cleats are recommended and a soccer ball. Micro plays with a size 3 ball and ESCRA with a size 4 ball.
- How do I know if our games / practices are rained out?
You can check https://myfaithbaptist.org/signups/ or call 901-213-2936 for rainout information after 3:00 on weekdays and after 7:30am on Saturdays.
- Who do I contact for further questions?
You may reach out to Jenny Kiesel, recreation coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-290-6173.
- What are the age cutoffs for each sport?
See the information for each sport for age cutoffs as they vary.
- What if my child’s birthday falls a few days off of the cutoff?
You may fill out this form to request and exemption by our recreation committee. https://forms.gle/EpNZueJhKYqrchwa6
- Can I make requests for a particular coach or other kids on my team?
Yes, there is a spot on the registration for to do that. We will try and meet these requests but cannot guarantee that all can be met. We will definitely try our best to do so.
- 4 lighted baseball/ softball fields
- 2 full size soccer fields
- 3 covered pavilions
- Pavilion 1 accommodates up to 25 people
- Pavilion 2 accommodates 50 -100 people
- Pavilion 3 (Wedding Chapel) 4-5 people
- ¾ mile walking track
- Fishing Pond
- Children’s Playground
- Picnic Tables Areas
- Concession Stand
- Full-size Basketball Court
- Walking Track Upstairs
- Family Campout
- One in the Fall and One in the Spring
- Family Picnics
- 2 times each year
- Family Movie Nights
Matthew Coussan, Director of Community Ministries
Keith Magness, Director of Operations, Community Ministries
Jenny Kiesel, Recreation / Sports Coordinator
Casey Nelson, Recreation Coordinator
Shannon Gregg, Buckhead Creek Grounds Supervisor
Garrett Robertson, Fields Supervisor
Scott Steele, Concessions Coordinator